General Promotional Terms and Conditions
‘New Zealand Bloodstock’ means all companies in the New Zealand Bloodstock Group including but not limited to New Zealand Bloodstock Limited, New Zealand Bloodstock Finance Limited, New Zealand Bloodstock Holdings Limited, New Zealand Bloodstock Leasing and Finance Limited and all brands and operating companies controlled by or associated with those entities.
The ‘Promoter’ is New Zealand Bloodstock (NZB).
‘Disqualified Participants’ are: (a) all New Zealand Bloodstock employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families; (b) all people under the age of 18 years where the prize incorporates air travel or any other element which would be illegal to supply to a person under the age of 18 years.
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, Grandparents, Parents, Children, and Grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
1. These Promotion or Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all NZB Promotions or Competitions (collectively ‘the Promotion’) conducted by means of any medium – radio, television, print, telephone, computer/internet, and SMS/txt. The Rules may change from time to time.
2. If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms (‘the Specific Rules’) those Specific Rules will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
3. Unless otherwise stated in the abovementioned specific rules or terms, registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
4. Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the bill payer or owner of a telephone) to enter the Promotion.
5. No purchase is necessary to win or participate in the Promotion, unless specified in the Specific Rules.
7. NZB reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
8. NZB reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who NZB decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
9. By participating, entrants grant NZB exclusive permission to use their names, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
11. Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of txt or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
12. Where the promotion involves txting (SMS/txt), the following apply:
a) Standard SMS/txt charges will apply, unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules and will depend on the entrants’ particular plan or agreement with their phone service provider;
b) Any form of automated txt message is invalid;
c) The telephone number from which the entry was made will be stored in a database. The entrant has a two-business-day period from the time of entry to request removal from the database. If no request is made it is deemed acceptance that the information can be used for future promotion and marketing purposes; and
d) NZB takes no responsibility for txt costs incurred after the Promotion has closed as stipulated in the Specific Rules.
Winning the Prize
13. Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (‘the Winner’).
14. The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the Judge.
15. The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or txt), and mail or in person and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by NZB. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (e.g. when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry).
17. The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, business associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
18. Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (e.g. driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate). If the Winner is under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian must accompany the Winner or give their prior written consent to the award of the prize.
19. The Winner takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies NZB in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
20. Where the prize includes air travel and/or accommodation, either international or domestic (“the Travel Prize”):
a) The Winner MUST have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and Visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs associated with delay, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner).
b) The Winner and their travelling companion (if applicable) must travel together at all times. The Winner is responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest international airport for flight departure and from their nearest international airport to their residence upon returning to New Zealand.
c) Flight tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airline's departure city and their current flight schedule. Unless otherwise specified, the air travel is economy class.
d) Any changes to travel dates or additional accommodation outside the travel period specified in the Travel Prize details, made by the winner, which incur additional costs, are to be paid by the Travel Prize winner.
e) Unless explicitly stated in the Specific Rules, the Winner will be responsible for expenses including, but not limited to, spending money, meals, drinks, transport, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Travel Prize), gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Travel Prize. The Winner must obtain travel insurance to protect themselves against additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
f) The Travel Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Travel Prize must be taken as stated in the Specific Rules and no compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Travel Prize as stated. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Winner is, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date during this period, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the Winner's control or otherwise, then the Winner will forfeit the Travel Prize.
g) The Promoter makes no representation as to safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The winner accepts the Travel Prize at their own risk.
h) All travel is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the Travel Prize service providers. Any travelling companion included in the Travel Prize (if applicable) accepts the Travel Prize subject to these terms, conditions and restrictions as if references to the Winner in the relevant clauses were to the travelling companion. The Winner and their travelling companion must sign a legal release, in a form acceptable to the Promoter in its absolute discretion, if requested by the Promoter.
21. NZB reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
22. NZB takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, SMS/txts with a misspelt keyword, SMS/txts to an incorrect short-code, Acts of God or otherwise.
23. To the fullest extent permitted by law NZB will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
24. Where the prize is to be supplied by an entity outside NZB control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, NZB has no responsibility for the provision of the prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the prize supplier to provide the prize.
25. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
26. If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.
NZB Insurance Foal Insurance Package Promotion - Win $1000
27. Customers who purchase foal insurance with NZB Insurance during the months of August, Spetember, October and November 2016 will automatically go in the draw to win up to a $1000 rebate on their insurance policy purchase. There are four draws of $1000, one for each month the promotion runs. Winners will be notified by phone.
Newsletter Sign Up Promotion - Go in the draw to win $100 Karaka Pavilion Voucher
28. From 17 August until 31st October 2016 when you subscribe to receive NZB's newsletter, you will automatically go in the draw to win one of three $100 Karaka Pavilion Garden Bar vouchers. Winners will be drawn on 01 November 2016 and notified by email.