Along with the excitement and reward of being involved in the equine industry, unfortunately there is also risk, and mishaps are a reality. New Zealand Bloodstock Insurance recognises this and has developed a world regarded horse insurance business to help you enjoy your investment with confidence.
NZB Insurance can provide the right policy for you, whether you own yearlings, broodmares, foals, racehorses or stallions, thoroughbreds, standardbreds, recreational or sport horses.
NZB insurance provides a quality service, competitive rates and, in the unfortunate event of a claim, prompt payment. We are grateful for NZB Insurance's support in insuring our financial interests in thoroughbreds.— Bruce Sherwin, Raffles Farm
If you are considering horse insurance, consider this:
- We are the leading bloodstock insurer in New Zealand with a list of clients that includes most major thoroughbred studs and racing stables.
- We have been insuring bloodstock for over 80 years giving us the skill and reputation in the market to give you the best service in the business.
- We are market leaders in the industry on terms, conditions, rates and prompt payment of claims.
- We have a long-standing relationship with the best Underwriters in the London market.
- Our top priority is understanding your needs and providing a premium service to you our valued client.
- NZB Insurance - with the support of our London Underwriters - is a major sponsor of the New Zealand thoroughbred breeding and racing industries, sponsoring branches of the NZ Thoroughbred Breeders Associations and racing throughout New Zealand including the popular Pearl Series.
To find out more or to discuss your horse insurance requirements, please contact us here, or call +64 9 298 0055.
Effective 1 October 2016 cross-border purchases by New Zealand residents of goods and services bought through offshore providers will be subject to GST. New Zealand Bloodstock Ltd is a registered Lloyd's Coverholder. We place all our insurance with Lloyd's of London, an offshore provider and therefore GST of 15% will apply to all insurance policies of New Zealand residents from 1 October 2016. In the event of a bona fide claim the settlement figure will be the sum insured GST inclusive.
If you are an Australian resident, you can only apply to purchase this insurance if your horse is not:
a) wholly or predominantly used for personal, domestic or household purposes by:
(i) you as the insured; or
(ii) your relatives; or
(iii) any person with whom you reside; and
b) ordinarily used for that purpose.
NZB is a registered Financial Service Provider and is a member of the Finance Dispute Resolution Scheme (FDR).
NZB and its employees do not offer insurance advice as part of this insurance broker service and recommends that policy holders seek independent insurance and professional advice when purchasing insurance.
Should there be a complaint in relation to any financial service (including insurance broking) it should be addressed in the first instance to the Manager, Insurance on the form which can be provided upon request. NZB agrees to deal with such complaint within three months of receipt.
Should the complainant not be satisfied with the response there is a right of appeal to the FDR. However, NZB and its employees do not offer financial advice as part of this financial service and recommends that insured parties seek independent financial, taxation and professional advice.